In Episode #8 Kayvon and Daidiscuss how to manage your time and commitments effectively. Tune in to hear about why Kayvon doesn’t do the things that he merely ‘likes’, why you should be saying ‘No’ ten times as much as ‘Yes’, and why focus is your most powerful tool.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
● 00:42– Introduction
● 01:20– Time management: how do you get the most out of your day?
● 01:40– Dai believes in “Commitment management” rather than time management
● 02:10– Looking at a calendar and saying “What do I want to commit to this week?”
● 03:30– Health is a foundational piece in Dai’s life - daily workouts get blocked in
● 04:22– Family time also has a high priority for Dai. He unplugs from devices and focuses on them
● 05:55– Kayvon: “My favorite button on my phone is mute”
● 07:30– Dai’s left his career of 18 years and is going on a book and speaking tour with his family
● 09:30– “Farmers have a harvest season mentality. When it’s harvest season they can work 18 hour days...maybe the rest of the year is easy, but harvest season has to be done NOW”
● 10:45– When is it okay to say no? And when should you give a no rather than a yes?
● 11:40– In each area of your life, you should have only one priority
● 12:10– Kayvon tries to keep things black and white: “Either I love something, or I don't. There’s no room for ‘like’”
● 13:30– “For every Yes, there should be about 9 Nos”
● 14:15– “I know I can’t be trusted to make a decision when it’s in front of me. The decision making and criteria-choosing should be done well in advance. otherwise, convince myself to do things I don’t really love”
● 15:50– Sitting in the grey zone is the source of a lot of suffering
● 15:15– The Zone Diet
● 16:55– “Regret: I regret the things that turned out badly, and that my gut knew from the beginning were a mistake.”
● 18:00– “Be you. The world will adjust.”
● 19:05– “If you only had one hour per day to work: what would you do? What would you eliminate?”
● 20:20– Be honest with yourself about what’s important to you and what you want to fit in
● 22:30– “What is the potential win on this?” - Do a cost-benefit analysis
● 23:45– Kayvon: “I have a hard time saying no to books and podcasts - to committing to content. So sometimes I’ll just focus on one topic or one author.”
● 25:30– Focus is powerful - Zero in on one thing
● 26:55– What do you think about time management and resource management? Let us know!
3 Key Points:
1. Manage your priorities, not just your time. Decide what you want to commit to.
2. Eliminate the grey areas. You’ll have time to do what you love if you eliminate everything you don’t love.
3. Focus is powerful. Zone in on one thing at a time and follow it to completion.--- Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/happinesssimplified/message
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase