In Episode #10 Kayvon and Dai talk about give and take. Tune in to hear their thoughts on the pleasures of giving, how creating a community uplifts you, and why it’s sometimes good to be selfish.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
● 00:30 – Introduction
● 01:12 – “Get versus Give”
● 02:17 – Kayvon connected with Dai through his free Sunday Funday project
● 03:02 – What has Dai got from his giving act?
● 04:35 – Dai wanted to create a community of people who would uplift each other
● 05:55 – “I wanted to pay it back”
● 08:00 – Dai finds the atmosphere in the group uplifting even on his toughest days
● 09:50 – ”You are the most important person in your life”
● 11:00 – Be selfish - let yourself recharge
● 12:00 – “Put on your own oxygen mask before assisting others”
● 12:45 – Kayvon’s advice is to be your kindest version of yourself to the people you love the most
● 13:30 – There’s a relationship between getting and giving: give and take
● 15:00 – Give people the opportunity to help you
● 16:00 – If you share a dream, suddenly you aren’t ‘asking for help’ - you’re giving people the opportunity to come together and help build a dream with you
● 19:17 - There’s no separation between getting and giving. Giving makes us feel good. Getting is a connection with other people.
● 20:25 – What are your thoughts? Help us learn from you!
3 Key Points:
1. You are the most important person in your life: be kind to yourself and let yourself recharge
2. Allow people the opportunity to help you
3. There’s no separation between ‘getting’ and ‘giving’ - it’s all part of connection and exchange--- Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/happinesssimplified/message
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase