In Episode #15 Kayvon and Dai discuss the normalcy of up and down experiences, and how the common constraints and definitions we tend to impart upon ourselves are damaging.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
● 00:28 – Introduction to today’s topic
● 00:46 – Dai shares his year of transition and how it impacted him
● 02:23 – “All of us experience Ups and Downs”
● 03:48 – Dai discusses his experiences from the road
o 05:24 – “I was physically tired…And it shifted to a negative direction”
● 06:13 – Remember that tomorrow is a new day with a new opportunity
● 07:39 – “The way we talk about life is how it moves through our head”
● 08:43 – Kayvon’s experiences from the past and how those have changed him
● 10:02 – Our brain gives meanings to non-specific, non-correlated facts
● 10:28 – “Behaving in a certain way doesn’t have to be negative”
● 11:01 – All of us, not matter our peculiarities, are normal human beings
● 12:57 – Strategies on dealing with ups and downs that worked for Dai and Kayvon
o 14:42 – Stop focusing on the negative
o 14:59 – Improve upon the positive
o 16:32 – Look at the physicality (reality) of situations—don’t let your imagination wander too much
● 19:50 – Subscribe on iTunes!
3 Key Points:
1. Every person experiences Ups and Downs–it’s normal!
2. Investing energy on negativity thoughts will only fuel negative actions.
3. Every day is a new opportunity.--- Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/happinesssimplified/message
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase