Charlie Beech hung up his boots as a professional rugby player in December 2019 following a successful 15-year career. Having played for Northampton Saints, London Wasps, Bath, Yorkshire Carnegie, and Coventry, he is now growing a new career as an Action Coach.
During this podcast Charlie provides some insightful information to our curious questions:
What does coaching mean to you?
· Coaching is how well you can coach not how much you know in that area
· Transfer your knowledge and allow them to grow enough to take it
· Help them see it for themself
· Helping people find their skills
· Seeing what skills people have and helping them understand how to transfer it
· Coaching is helping people
· We’ve all lived as long as we’ve lived, we’ve all learned a lot of things and we may discount it because we know it, but it has value and it's just seeing where that fits in the world
· You think I’ve got nothing to give but you take a step out and realise you have so much to give
· Coaching is being ready to accept that lesson
· I think the world is finally waking up to the fact that we need mental health wellbeing as well as physical well being
· People need to be coachable – At action coaching, we don’t like it when people say I know, it means you are closed off so we like to change it to; isn’t that interesting
· You have to invest your time in coaching
· Lyric from Wayward Son by Kansas, “if I claim to be a wise man It surely means I don’t know”
What skills are required?
· Believe in what you are doing
· Business should not be stressful it should be fun
· Strong communication
· Good coaches try different angles
Why do you do what you do?
· I like helping people
· Helping Each other makes the world a better place
· Any lessons from the rugby field
· You can learn from bad things as well as good ones
· You need to be prescriptive with what you expect
Finishing round: planting the final seeds for growth…….
what one thing can our listeners do today to activate a piece of knowledge you have shared with us?
Change your perception, don’t sink into BED, Blame, Excuses and Denial. Take responsibility.
Could you share one practice that you engage in, that enhances or maintains your wellbeing?
Exercise because it helps your physical and mental health, they are tied together
Do you have a poem or inspiring quote that you can share with us?
Taken from Rudyard Kipling, If...
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase