"This application in the insurance field is ABSOLUTELY going to have an impact on ...individuals and firms working in accounting and finance."
GBD75 Dr. Stein Smith is a returning guest on this podcast. He's authored several blockchain courses for the AICPA and gives us the inside track on what Blockchain means – and the opportunities it offers – to those working in or alongside the insurance industry.
How did you discover our podcast, where do you listen, and what would you like to hear more of? Finance pro or not, we'd love to know what you think. Email us here.
* New understandings of what blockchain has to do with insurance.
* Hear how the insurance industry is using it.
* Get a sense of what this means for the rest of us.
* Talk through how insured companies make sure their registers of assets are digital so they're ready to be insured in a whole new way.
* Discuss how crypto-assets fit into this picture.
Dr. Sean Stein Smith is an Assistant Professor at Lehman College at City University of New York (CUNY). He served as a technical editor/presenter for AICPA & CIMA's RPA courses as well as the Blockchain certificate program. Additionally he's currently serving as the chair of the Accounting Working Group of the Wall Street Blockchain Alliance. Connect with him on LinkedIn here.
FURTHER RESOURCES ON BLOCKCHAIN.
* The AICPA offers a comprehensive "Blockchain Fundamentals for Accounting and Finance Professionals Certificate" course (fees apply).
* Get this free-to-read primer on the CGMA Store website which answers the question "How will blockchain change accounting?"
MORE ABOUT OUR PODCAST.
The Voices. These conversations with expert guests are recorded by different members of the AICPA & CIMA team from our offices around the world. While the sound quality may vary, the insights will always be consistently useful.
Hear more. Get our shows every week automatically and free. Share them easily with colleagues and friends by using the icons on your app or media player.
Share: Know someone who'd enjoy this topic? Click on these links to share this episode with colleagues and friends.
* Recommend it to your LinkedIn network.
* Send to Twitter
* Auto-share on your Facebook page
* Let someone know via email.
©2019 Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA & CIMA)
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase