Whatever it is that most people think is networking - this "noisy events" and "what's in it for me?" - was NOT it!
GBD72 What is networking and what makes it work for everyone involved? Jennifer Gardner talks to teacher, coach, consultant and writer Heather Hollick. Based in Michigan, Heather works with ambitious professionals in the areas of networking careers, high performing teams and leadership development. She shares a wealth of practical tips for better career-building from her recent book "Helpful. A Guide to Life, Careers and the Art of Networking".
How did you discover our podcast, where do you listen, and what would you like to hear more of? Finance pro or not, we'd love to know what you think. Email us here.
* What networking is - and isn't.
* What motivates effective networkers.
* The other question is hidden in "What is networking?".
* The crucial importance of networking AT work, not just outside it.
Heather Hollick is a teacher, coach, consultant and writer on a mission to make the world a better place to work. After teaching math and physics, high school and college students for seven years, she moved into the corporate world, where she spent more than 25 years in a variety of industries and organisational cultures. She now works with ambitious professionals in the areas of networking careers, high performing teams and leadership development. Heather is also the author of "Helpful. A Guide to Life, Careers and the Art of Networking". Connect with Heather on LinkedIn here.
* Boost your Networking skills and get a CPE credit with this MBAexpress online course: "Networking - Building a Stronger Professional Network". It's now available for purchase from the AICPA Store website.
* There's also a cost-effective intermediate level video to help you create dynamic first impressions - and much more. "Step Away From the Wall: Networking When You Are The New Guy (or Girl)". This is available to purchase from the CGMA Store website.
MORE ABOUT OUR PODCAST.
The Voices. These conversations with expert guests are recorded by different members of the AICPA & CIMA team from our offices around the world. While the sound quality may vary, the insights will always be consistently useful.
Hear more. Get our shows every week automatically and free. Share them easily with colleagues and friends by using the icons on your app or media player.
Share: Know someone who'd enjoy this topic? Click on these links to share this episode with colleagues and friends.
* Recommend it to your LinkedIn network.
* Send to Twitter
* Auto-share on your Facebook page
* Let someone know via email.
©2019 Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA & CIMA). All rights reserved.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase