My guest today is Certified Sex Educator, writer, speaker, pleasure advocate, author of Curvy Girl Sex, and creator of LadyCheeky, Elle Chase, who was suggestion from previous guest Anne Hodder-Shipp (happy birthday Anne!). We got into the importance of sex education and to normalize it along with body positivity and so much more. It was a great chat and Elle Chase continually spreads information about sex-positive education and most recently, resources for accountability and actions for black lives.
And before my chat with Elle Chase, I wanted to focus on is how white people can be a better ally during this racial awakening. As a white person myself, I’ve long been aware that black culture has been an important part of my life and I always try to learn more about how I carry myself. Now there’s a lot of information out there and below are some resources I’ve come across to understand this movement more, understand the realities of black people, and how you can be a better ally.
– An Antiracist Reading List
– Why you should stop saying “all lives matter,” explained in 9 different ways
– Heather Dianne Saunders’s Facebook Post About White People & Racism
– Guidelines for Being Strong White Allies
– My White Friend Asked Me on Facebook to Explain White Privilege. I Decided to Be Honest
– Resources for Accountability and Actions for Black Lives
– Anti-racism resources for white people
Follow Elle Chase:
Courtesy of STEVE O. Check out more music at eyeamsteveo.bandcamp.com.
Support via Patreon
If you want to support Fresh is the Word, please consider pledging via Patreon at Patreon.com/freshistheword.
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/freshistheword/message
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase