IMEX America, the meetings industry trade show that will take place Nov. 9-11 at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, announced last week that all attendees and exhibitors will be required to be fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the World Health Organization.
Carina Bauer, CEO of the Imex Group, spoke with Lisa Grimaldi, Northstar Meeting Group’s incentives and destinations editor, about the decisions that led to the show’s updated health and safety policy; how attendees and exhibitors have reacted to the news (mostly positive!) and how participants will be able to register their vaccination status. Bauer also discussed the hurdles caused by the U.S.’s strict entry requirements for European and U.K. attendees.
Among the topics discussed are:
• The considerations that organizers took into account before deciding to require vaccinations (2:50)
• How registrants have responded to the news (5:30)
• How the IMEX team is preparing for additional challenges related to travel restrictions and quarantine requirements (10:30)
• What visitors can expect from IMEX America this year (13:50)
• New offerings, including "walking, talking" education sessions and back-of-the-house tours throughout Las Vegas (15:00)
• How this year's show will "bring the outside in" with creative space designs (16:20)
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase