Salaries have recovered, but the pay gap between women and men has widened.
In conjunction with the publications of the 2022 Northstar Meetings Group/Meetingjobs-Cadre Salary Survey, we discuss the findings with Dawn Penfold, president of Meetingjobs.com, in this episode of Eventful, the Podcast for Meeting Professionals.
Salaries for planners have recovered from the pandemic, but the pay gap between men and women widened over the past two years. Contemplating this and other statistics from the survey, Penfold adds thoughts on what’s currently happening in the job market and which industry segments are looking for planners.
In this episode, we discuss:
• The rise in base pay for meeting planners
• The pay gap between women and men
• How certification affects planner salaries
• Planners’ stress levels
• How the pandemic affected planners’ jobs
• What would make planners happier in their jobs
• How hiring continues to shift in the meetings industry
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase