Over the past few years, hundreds of meeting and event planners have made commitments to achieve carbon-neutral operations by 2030, 2040 or 2050. To date, however, relatively few have taken significant steps to accomplish those critical initiatives, says Fiona Pelham, CEO of Positive Impact Events.
Among those who have acted is Amy Kramer, market and product innovation leader for Maritz Global Events. In this episode of Eventful, Northstar's Loren Edelstein talks with Pelham and Kramer about the process of implementing sustainable business practices and supporting the sustainability efforts of clients and suppliers.
Among topics discussed are:
• What is the Race to Zero Accelerator Program and how do you join? (1:40)
• The process of launching a sustainability program (2:48)
• Resources and tools to use for measuring progress (5:59)
• The process of reporting on sustainability initiatives and achievements (8:08)
• How the internal commitment begins with a mindset shift (11:47)
• How to address cost concerns (13:24)
• Why today's voluntary measures could become mandates in the near future (17:38)
• How to start with an assessment and set small goals (22:51)
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase