Meeting planners are getting nervous again — with good reason, according to risk-management expert Bruce McIndoe. If we don’t act collectively to reduce the spread of Covid-19, we’ll be grappling with the virus for years, he posits. Listen to his discussion with Northstar’s Loren Edelstein in this episode of Eventful. Among best practices for meetings, McIndoe explains why everyone should be wearing masks indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
Among topics discussed:
• What the virus is likely to do over the next few months (2:00)
• Why everyone should be wearing masks, whether or not they’re vaccinated (4:00)
• Challenges and solutions for meetings and events (6:30)
• Why a number of companies have decided not to hold in-person events until Q1 2022 (10:20)
• The reasons why unless vaccination rates are high globally, the virus will spread and new variants will emerge (11:30)
• The high probability of long-term health problems among those who’ve had Covid, including cognitive decline (14:30)
• Best practices for meetings and events, and common errors to avoid (18:30)
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase