“Our children want to see us happy.”
Since recording this episode, I’ve started to implement the tips Toni-Ann is going to share with us today and I have to tell you, it’s made a positive impact in my house and in my head. Modern moms suffer from decision fatigue—big time—(especially right now).
If you’re a working mom, stay at home mom, work from home mom, or you identify with some crazy mash up of all three. This episode is for you. Toni-Ann shares ideas for us about the benefits of preparation and planning, how to deal with overwhelm, and even answers the million dollar mom question “how do you do it all?”
Toni-Ann’s Bio: Toni-Ann is a full-time dentist, a reservist in the Navy, and the blogger and podcaster at Real Happy Mom. She is a wife and a boy mom that understands the struggle of juggling work and home. When she is not working, she enjoys watching WWE and watching stand-up comedy.
This episode is packed with practical how-to strategies and ideas for how we can bust through myths about what it’s like to be a modern, working mom trying to juggle it all.
In this episode, we talk about:
· Distance learning & virtual school
· Being flexible and making way for change
· Asking for help…and receiving help
· Preparation & planning ideas for moms
· Toni-Ann’s top 5 tips:
· 1. Get your clothes ready for the week
· 2. Get your purse/bag ready
· 3. Meal Plan
· 4. Plan out your week—include time for you
· 5. Restart your devices
· Decision fatigue and what we can do about it
· What we do for “me time” each week
· Listening to our body
· Getting rest when we need it
· Meeting our basic needs
· Overwhelm & how we deal with it
· Leaning into reminders
· Toni’Ann’s planner of choice: Stil Planner
· Toni-Ann’s online organization of choice: Trello
· Working mom myths we need to bust through
· How working moms and dads are treated differently
· Dropping the vs. in mom conversations
· Aligning our actions and values…and giving other moms space to do that, too
· Taking time to figure out what you REALLY want in life
· The importance of self-reflection
· Inspiration over comparison
· Toni-Ann’s Freebie: Sunday Prep Checklist Ultimate Working Mom Hacks - https://the.realhappymom.com/working-mom-hacks
FULL SHOW NOTES AND LINKS AVAILABLE AT: WWW.ELEVATINGMOTHERHOOD.COM
PLEASE VISIT TODAY'S SPONSORS: WHAT LITTLE WONDER & HEALTHY MAMA MEAL PREP
Love the podcast? Please let me & your mama friends know! Leave a review on iTunes to let me what’s serving you best. And share, share, share the show on social media, with friends & family, by word of mouth—whatever way you want to bring in your sisters to the conversation as we elevate modern motherhood together!
Elevating Motherhood Links:
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase