Sarah Rivera, PeerGrade, Screencastify, Loom, Battelle FIP & FlipGrid for Feedback EDT003 Show Notes
EduDuctTape.com - #EduDuctTape
Jake Miller - @JakeMillerTech - JakeMiller.net
In Episode 3, Jake shares one of his own Educational Duct Tape stories, a Maya Angelou quote about change and is then joined by Sarah Rivera (@SarahRiveraSTEM) who shares about PeerGrade and other feedback tools as well as...taxidermied armadillos!?
- GIF Sticker #EduDuctTape Contest
- FlipGrid - EduDuctTape.com
- Jake’s Monologue - Educational Duct Tape & doing what works best for you and your students
- Maya Angelou - “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
- Today’s Guest: Sarah Rivera, high school science teacher Contact Info: @SarahRiveraSTEM for Twitter, email is riveras@Perry-lake.org
- 2 Truths & 1 Lie
- Question 1: What are some effective ways for Teachers to give Student Feedback that enhances student learning
- Battelle Formative Instructional Practices (FIP) - portal.battelleforkids.org/FIPOhio/what-is-fip
- Sarah’s Tips for good FIP:
- Personal connections & rapport are the base layer
- Utilize rubrics, consider standards-based rubrics, provide students the rubrics ahead of time, utilize rubrics for feedback before using points for scoring
- Peer Review
- Picking paper or digital based feedback based on what works best for the learners in specific situation.
- Screencasted feedback
- Screencastify - screencastify.com
- FlipGrid - flipgrid.com
- Google Classroom - classroom.google.com
- Question 2: How can we foster opportunities for peer feedback?
- Students screencasting feedback for their classmates
- Ways to scaffold this in: have students provide screencasted feedback for younger students or for students at different schools
- Screencastify or Loom?
- Loom - useloom.com
- PeerGrade - PeerGrade.io
- Follow Sarah on Twitter at @SarahRiveraSTEM on Twitter or reach out to her by email at riveras@Perry-lake.org
- Shout-outs to Listeners!