Ebb & Flow, like the chassidic concept of Ratzo V’Shuv (running and returning), aims to provide you with the principles and practices, wisdom and willpower, insights and inspiration, and empowerment to access your higher vision, internalize it, and express it to the world. This podcast integrates Ho… read more
Dr. Engle is board certified in psychiatry and neurology, and he owns a clinical practice that combines functional medicine, integrative psychiatry, neuro-cognitive restoration, and peak performance methods. He is the author of the Concussion Repair Manual (launched October 17, 2017), which has been very helpful in offering natural and technological recovery methods and techniques.
He was on the first episodes of my favorite leaders – Aubrey Marcus and Onnit, Tim Ferris, Calvin Banister
1. Story of his breaking of the cosmic egg at same age I did (21) and where the origins of cosmic egg comes from “Not till we are lost… do we begin to find ourselves.” – Henry David Thoreau
I loved what he said about it on Adventures in Brain Injuryand, “It is a releasing of what we thought we knew and opening up to what can now be perceived with new, fresh eyes.” How can I see myself in the world differently? How can I release my programming and back into my child-like curiosity?
2. The biggest challenges are our biggest teachers. “Crisis precedes Transformation”
3. Head injuries even more so, because if the brain is off, everything else is off. Takes us into Hero’s Journey.
a. Hard for us to organize our life and objectively see if the things we do for healing are working or not, memory, attention, concentration, sleep.
b. If we orient it as a potential healing force, we can develop ourselves even more!
4. “We must let go of the life we planned so as to accept the one that’s waiting for us” Joseph Campbell
5. The psychological and physical symptoms from concussions
a. An invisible challenge. We need to own what happened and our own process.
b. Ownership: Know how to engage the brain in therapeutic rehabilitative exercises and the technologies that support neuroplasticity and synaptogenesis
6. Rekindle faith that healing is possible and put practices into action
7. Alleviating lingering symptoms
a. The same technologies that heal the brain are the same ones that optimize the brain
Follow Dr. Engle on his website https://drdanengle.com or on IG @drdanengle
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase