Eat & Drink with Ali Hassan & Marco Timpano
Comedians Ali Hassan & Marco Timpano, discuss, lament & come to terms with Food & Drink. They bring over a quarter century of restaurant experience to the podcast table.
This weeks episode: SCOTCH BONNET & MILK PUNCH
- Stubby glass
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 1oz Dark Rum
- Half oz simple syrup
- Shake & pour
- Grate Nutmeg on top like it's going out of style and you've got a full supply.
- a dozen Scotch Bonnet peppers
- 4 cloves Garlic
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp Honey (or more. Go crazy!)
- Boil 1 L of water. Remove stems from peppers, and skins from garlic.
- Dump peppers in boiling water for 30-40 seconds (This is to get rid of germs & bacteria).
- In a blender, add all the ingredients and purée to a thick-ish sauce. Keep your distance when you open the cover of the blender - Don’t be a hero!!
- Taste a teeny bit for the salt/sweet/heat mix and adjust accordingly.
- Serve proudly to the people you love. Worst case, they will cry. Best case, they will start to sweat a little and feel euphoric. (this should actually be an illegal substance, as I think about it)
If you liked this episode: Rate, Review & Subscribe and tell your friends.
If you didn't it, there is a whole slog of podcasts out there for you to explore and enjoy and we hope you do!