Eat & Drink with Ali Hassan & Marco Timpano
Comedians Ali Hassan & Marco Timpano, discuss, lament & come to terms with Food & Drink. They bring over a quarter century of restaurant experience to the podcast table.
This weeks episode: Cauliflower & Sea Breeze
If you want to drink like a Kennedy but don't want all the baggage of a political career. May we suggest you indulge in this libation.
- Ice in a tall glass
- 4 oz Cranberry juice
- 1 1/4 oz vodka
- 1 oz Grapefruit juice
- wedge of lime
Everyone who has eaten Indian food knows about Aloo Gobi - the classic Potato Cauliflower dish. Tasty, but often mushy. Here's a sexy adjustment to that classic.
- 2 tbsp oil or ghee
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into smallish cubes
- 1 cup Cauliflower, cut into similar shapes
- 1 cup of Broccoli, cut small
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and smashed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp sweet tamarind chutney
- 2 tbsp coconut-cilantro chutney
- 1 1" knob of ginger, peeled julienned
- over medium heat in a large saucepan, add olive oil
- add onion and sauté until it starts to brown
- add garlic, cumin, turmeric and chili powder - fry for 2 minutes, stirring so it doesn't burn
- add potato, fry for 3-4 minutes, then add 1/4 cup of water, cover and steam for 5 minutes
- add cauliflower and broccoli, stir, cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until they JUST start to soften (not going for mushy here!!)
- add salt, and stir in both chutneys. Add ginger as garnish and serve as an accompaniment to rice and some other dish that will fill you up as much or more than this one. This will impress people's tastebuds so you prepare yourself for compliments.
If you liked this episode: Rate, Review & Subscribe and tell your friends.
If you didn't like it, there is a whole slog of podcasts out there for you to explore and enjoy and we hope you do!