* Paths In Review: Taildancer
* Historical development background from the Earthdawn Journal to present day.
* One with the rhythm of the world.
* The epitome of t’skrang combat style.
* Requirements to follow the Path.
* Association with the War College of House K’tenshin.
* Review of the four schools presented in Mystic Paths.
* Edo: Area control and movement.
* Skora: Using tail as shield for defense.
* Ch’tard: Subtlety and stealth, surprise, and ambush attacks.
* Shivoavara: Offensive style, most traditional/iconic version.
* Draws on ideas of martial academies from history and pop culture.
* Less “secret society” and more “elite fraternity/sorority”.
* Initiation into the Taildancers.
* Rivalries between different schools.
* Mechanical Review: Requirements.
* Karma Ritual modification.
* Half-Magic additions.
* Path Bonuses: Physical Defense, Social Defense, Initiative boosts.
* Primary path talent options.
* New talents: Dance Partner, Tail Dance, Tail Spike, Engaging Dance.
* Ch’tard school talent options.
* New talents: Ch’tard Dance, Ch’tard Pierce.
* Sidebar about general design intentions: Expand physical combat into a more complex, crunchy system.
* Edo school talent options.
* New talents: Edo Dance, Edo Sweep.
* Shivoavara school talent options.
* New talents: Shivoavara Dance, Shivoavara Escalation.
* Skora school talent options.
* New talents: Skora Dance, Skora Slam.
* Taildancers have a lot of talent knacks, sometimes restricted by school.
* Potential downside of Taildancers hogging the spotlight in combat, expectation of system mastery.
* Unlike some paths, Taildancers are easy to incorporate into a campaign; don’t dominate narrative themes the way some paths do.
* Possibility of other schools.
* Intentionally designed for a more intensive game mechanical focus.
Josh on Twitter: @LoreMerchant
Dan on Twitter: @boice_voice
Get product information, developer blogs, and more at www.fasagames.com
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase