* Paths in Depth: The Scholar
* Originally the dwarf racial Discipline of Traveled Scholar.
* Background on the original version.
* Mindset of the Scholar and contrast to the Troubadour.
* Inspiration drawn from present-day academia.
* Inspirations for Scholar-type characters.
* Indiana Jones, Doc Brown, Atomic Robo, the Librarians, Daniel Jackson from Stargate, Giles from Buffy.
* Venturing into the field and getting involved.
* Look back at the talent selection from the original Traveled Scholar.
* Moving away from “Race as Culture”.
* Highly organized and structured path.
* Could involve politics and personalities of Barsaivian academia.
* Suitability for game styles and flavor it can contribute to a campaign.
* Becoming a Scholar; entrance exams and academic presentations.
* Custom GMC: The character’s advisor.
* Passions, Questors, and the Scholar.
* Possible source for humor and contrast to typical adventuring activities.
* Karma Ritual Modifications.
* Focused on a particular field of study, not simply the “know-it-all”.
* Scholar Half-Magic.
* Path bonuses and talent options.
* New talent: Expansive Expertise
* New talent: Applied Knowledge
* Scholar Knacks.
* Closing thoughts.
Josh on Twitter: @LoreMerchant
Dan on Twitter: @boice_voice
Get product information, developer blogs, and more at www.fasagames.com
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase