* Episode 30!
* Email from Jan: Questions about the Servos Jungle and ruins within.
* Shorthand for appearance of Barsaivian cultures?
* A deep dive into the Passions and theories about them.
* Email from Cory: Refund of Legend Points from broken/defunct threads?
* Email from Matthew: Obsidiman biological functions?
* Etymology of the word “orc”.
* Folkloric and mythic origins of orks and similar monsters.
* “Modern” development of the fantasy genre and fantasy gaming.
* Orks as allegory or parallel of racism, especially in Shadowrun.
* Problematic descriptions of orks and similarity to racist language.
* Earthdawn’s cultural context of orks as slave race and the related real-world minefield.
* Approaching perspectives of orks and Cara Fahd in the setting and the appropriate empathy.
* Fiery, passionate, shorter-lived people whose culture derives from that nature.
* Archetype of the nomadic horsefolk.
* Vast majority—like any Namegiver—are just people.
* Gahad: A physiological response that drives them to act.
* “We are measured by our outlaws.”
* Three flavors: City orks, raiders or “Scorchers”, and the “Carads” or traditional tribes.
* Gender equality - prominent female ork leaders.
* Ork manners and behavior.
* Game mechanics: Higher Strength and Toughness, lower Willpower and Charisma.
* High Karma - only Windlings are better.
* “Ujnort”; “Those who do not understand.”
* The ork Cavalryman as a Barsaivian icon.
Josh on Twitter: @mataxes
Get product information, developer blogs, and more at www.fasagames.com
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase