* Email: Pronunciation of Ayodhya?
* Email: Determining what spell is being cast when weaving threads?
* Email: Where is the info about Therans “pausing” the mana cycle?
* Email: Old plot threads or story hooks that weren’t followed up or that we used in our games?
* Places of Note: Bartertown
* Founded to avoid Throalic authority (and dodge taxes)
* Mercantile city not originally intended as a permanent settlement
* A hive of scum and villainy: Great for adventure hooks and interesting NPCs
* No slavery: it would draw Throalic intervention
* Magistrate Clystone: A self-interested despot; “mafia don”
* Setting inspirations: Persephone from Firefly; fantasy version of street-level from Blade Runner; Mos Eisley
* Good campaign hub or base of operations
* Namegiver primer: Dwarves
* Most populous Namegivers in Barsaive - one third of the population
* Not completely “Tolkien”; they developed beyond the archetype
* Builders of more than just artifacts; they build organizations, cultures, societies
* Strong commitment to family, including extended family
* Throalic attitude of self-assurance and cultural superiority can come across as patronizing
* Practical, blunt, paternal. Tradition of family history and passing on of knowledge, scholarship and philosophy
* Namegiver races are NOT monoculture! Blended groups with hybrid cultures.
* Toughness bonus is a solid reason to choose them.
* Solid choice for just about any Discipline, good choice for magicians.
* Female dwarves do not have beards.
Josh on Twitter: @mataxes
Get product information, developer blogs, and more at www.fasagames.com
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase