In Episode 75 of District of Conservation, Gabriella discusses some good conservation news—meant to combat coronavirus news. The five items were:
1) Department of Interior announced sportsmen and women pumped back nearly $1B into conservation funding last year https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/sportsmen-and-sportswomen-generate-nearly-1-billion-conservation-funding
2) NPS https://www.nps.gov/orgs/1207/national-park-service-to-temporarily-suspend-park-entrance-fees.htm & USFWS https://www.fws.gov/news/ShowNews.cfm?ref=u.s.-fish-and-wildlife-service-temporarily-suspends-entrance-fees-at--&_ID=36534 entry fees waived
3) Peak Bloom happened March 20th and made the BloomCam live: https://nationalmall.org/bloomcam
4) Three good conservation bills passed in Virginia: menhaden management moved from General Assembly to VMRC; stiffer penalties for wildlife violations during hunting, fishing, and trapping; AND elk tag is coming: http://congressionalsportsmen.org/the-media-room/news/virginia-pro-sportsmens-bills-signed-into-law
5) GoWild doing an incredible initiative to keep conservation funding flowing: https://timetogowild.com/blogs/news/gowild-offering-250k-in-free-advertising-to-state-fish-wildlife-agencies-to-promote-the-sale-of-hunting-fishing-licenses
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/district-of-conservation/support
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase