Traditional revenue models for publishers have been in severe decline for over a decade. Many publishers are struggling to find a path toward financial sustainability. What can they do?
Emily Goligoski has some answers.
She's one of the leading experts on membership programs, audience research, and user experience for newsrooms.
In this episode we go over:
- Her research and key findings
- Subscribers vs members
- Transparency, uniqueness, mission and other key factors in success
- How to understand your audience on a deep level
- Being "real" with your readers
- Why multiple revenue streams are crucial and how to cultivate them
- The publisher membership funnel (expose, attract, engage, deepen, convert)
- Key lessons from other member-driven organisations
- How to create the cultural shifts necessary in your organisation to win at membership
Learn more about Emily here
For an in depth write up based on this interview check out this piece
Check out the Membership Puzzle Project
for amazing content on related topics