Episode 62: Leading Organizations Through Analytics Transformations with Gordon Wong
April 28th, 2021
- (02:09) Gordon briefly talked about his undergraduate studying Psychology and Philosophy at Rutgers University in the early 90s.
- (03:24) …
Episode 61: Meta Reinforcement Learning with Louis Kirsch
April 18th, 2021
- (2:05) Louis went over his childhood as a self-taught programmer and his early days in school as a freelance developer.
- (4:22) Louis …
Episode 59: Bridging The Gap Between Data and Models with Willem Pienaar
March 24th, 2021
- (1:45) Willem discussed his undergraduate degree in Mechatronic Engineering at Stellenbosch University in the early 2010s.
- (2:34) Willem …
Episode 58: Deep Learning Meets Distributed Systems with Jim Dowling
March 19th, 2021
- (1:56) Jim went over his education at Trinity College Dublin in the late 90s/early 2000s, where he got early exposure to academic research …
Episode 56: Apprehending Quantum Computation with Alba Cervera-Lierta
February 21st, 2021
- (1:55) Alba shared her background growing up interested in studying Physics and pivoting into quantum mechanics.
- (3:33) Alba went over her …
Episode 53: Algorithms and Data Structures In Action with Marcello La Rocca
January 25th, 2021
- (2:09) Marcello described his academic experience getting a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from the Universita di Catania in the early …
Episode 50: Reducing Data Downtime with Barr Moses
December 25th, 2020
- (2:23) Barr discussed growing up in Israel and serving as a commander of the Data Analytics unit at the Israeli Air Force.
- (4:10) Barr …
Episode 47: Math and Machine Learning In Pedestrian Terms with Luis Serrano
November 9th, 2020
- (2:12) Luis shared how he got excited about learning mathematics and specialized in combinatorics.
- (4:26) Luis discussed his experience …
Episode 45: Teaching Artificial Intelligence with Amita Kapoor
October 21st, 2020
- (2:02) Amita described her educational background, studying Electronics at universities back in the 90s. She also professed her love for …
Episode 42: Privacy-Preserving Natural Language Processing with Patricia Thaine
September 11th, 2020
- (2:55) Patricia talked about his interest in learning languages and living in different cultures.
- (4:05) Patricia talked about her …
Episode 40: Biological Aging, Probabilistic Programming, and Private Machine Learning with Matthew McAteer
August 22nd, 2020
- (2:22) Matthew shared his childhood growing up interested in the field of biology.
- (5:29) Matthew described his undergraduate experience …
Episode 39: Serverless Machine Learning In Action with Carl Osipov
August 7th, 2020
- (2:22) Carl talked about his early exposure to programming and his Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science at the University of Rochester in …
Episode 38: Designing For Analytics with Brian O'Neill
July 27th, 2020
- (2:40) Brian discussed his career as a musician and his mission as a consultant to bring design principles into the analytics world.
- (5:25) …
Episode 37: Machine Learning In Production with Luigi Patruno
July 20th, 2020
- (2:19) Luigi got his Bachelor’s in Mathematics and Master’s in Computer Science from Fordham University, with a break working as a Data …
Episode 36: Machine Learning Bookcamp with Alexey Grigorev
July 3rd, 2020
- (2:00) Alexey studied Information Systems and Technologies from a local university in his hometown in eastern Russia.
- (4:54) Alexey …
Episode 34: Deep Learning Generalization, Representation, and Abstraction with Ari Morcos
June 14th, 2020
- (2:32) Ari discussed his undergraduate studying Physiology and Neuroscience at UC San Diego, while doing neuroscience research on adult …
Episode 33: Domain Randomization in Robotics with Josh Tobin
June 3rd, 2020
- (2:02) Josh studied Mathematics at Columbia University during his undergraduate and explained why he was not set out for a career as a …
Episode 32: Economics, Data For Good and AI Research with Sara Hooker
May 21st, 2020
- (2:20) Sara shared her childhood growing up in Africa.
- (4:05) Sara talked about her undergraduate experience at Carleton College studying …
Episode 31: From Quantum Computing to Epidemic Modeling with Colleen Farrelly
April 18th, 2020
- (1:58) Colleen gave a brief overview of her professional background and her path to data science.
- (3:27) Colleen explained how her …
Episode 29: From Bioinformatics to Natural Language Processing with Leonard Apeltsin
March 13th, 2020
- (2:18) Leonard discussed his undergraduate experience at Carnegie Mellon - where he studied Biology and Computer Science.
- (5:10) …
Episode 22: Leading Self-Driving Cars Projects with Jan Zawadzki
November 20th, 2019
- (2:15) Jan discussed his undergraduate experience studying Business Administration and Economics from Goshen College in Indiana.
- (3:48) Jan …
Episode 19: Data Science in South Africa with Tristan Bergh
August 13th, 2019
- (2:35) Tristan talked about his undergraduate experience studying Aeronautical Engineering from the University of Witwatersrand in South …
Episode 17: Computer Vision Research with Genevieve Patterson
July 16th, 2019
- (2:09) Genevieve discussed her undergraduate experience studying Electrical Engineering and Mathematics at the University of Arizona.
Episode 16: Bayesian Probabilistic Programming with Peadar Coyle
July 6th, 2019
- (2:02) Peadar discussed his undergraduate experience studying Physics and Philosophy at the University of Bristol.
- (3:05) Peadar then …
Episode 10: Linguist turned Data Scientist with Matthias Raess
February 22nd, 2019
- (2:22) Matthias recalled his experience getting a Master’s Degree in English, History, and Political Science from the University of …
Episode 9: Diving Into Data Engineering with Mark Sellors
February 1st, 2019
- (2:05) Mark revisited his brief stint during college back in the 90s.
- (3:38) Mark’s first job as a Business Consultant at Dixon Stores …
Episode 7: Building Open-Source R packages with Thomas Lin Pedersen
January 11th, 2019
- (2:16) Thomas talked about the study of Food Science and Technology in which he focused on microbiology.
- (3:15) Thomas stressed the …
Episode 6: Data Science in the Travel Industry with Ewan Nicolson
December 16th, 2018
- (2:00) Ewan recalled his undergraduate days at the University of Edinburgh studying Physics.
- (2:43) Ewan talked about his first job out …
Episode 5: Applied Statistics in Data Science with Christopher Peters
October 28th, 2018
- (2:05) Chris recalled his Econometrics and Quantitative Economics study during his undergraduate days.
- (4:14) Chris talked about his …
Episode 4: AI in Retail with Saurabh Bhatnagar
October 8th, 2018
- (3:20) Saurabh recalled his college experience.
- (4:25) Saurabh talked about his first role out of school as a software engineer …
Episode 3: How to be a Social Media Data Whiz with Leni Krsova
September 16th, 2018
- (3:08) Leni explains how studying Theatre Critics in college help her develop analytical thinking.
- (4:00) Leni briefly her first job out …
Episode 2: Becoming a Deep Learning Expert with Deep Narain Singh
September 8th, 2018
- (1:58) Deep gives a brief background of his career.
- (3:42) Deep explains the discipline of civil engineering.
- (4:24) Deep talks about …
Episode 1: Molecular Biologist turned Data Scientist with Jonathan Leslie
August 20th, 2018
- (2:10) Jon reflects on his academic career and explained why he pursued an advanced degree in Biology. He also went over his post-doc …