Topics: Education, Teaching, Artificial General Intelligence, AI, ChatGPT, Philosophy, Anthropology
Title : AI and Education: Wisdom to question the nature of education
Participants: Tony Kashani
Ph.D., Educator, Author, Philosopher
Publish Date: 09/ 13/2023
Homepage : http://www.dreport.org
“In order for these new tools, very powerful potent tools to become a tool of education… you have to go and become the expert. And then we [will] have those tools in our hand.” – Tony Kashani
· How will Artificial General Intelligence transform our society?
· How has AI affected the classroom?
· What is Artificial General Intelligence ( AGI)?
· What is the application of AI to the field of Education?
· What are the misunderstandings of what AI means, is capable of doing and or cannot do?
· What do the people that educate educators think about AI?
· What are the three types of AI? ( i.e., Generative AI, Image Generative AI (GAN), Reinforcement Learning AI)
· Can AI address questions of digital divide and concerns of unequal control over the resource?
· How does the conversation change if we consider AI as a continuation of a long process of automating human labor?
· What are the bases of our fears over AI?
· In the age of AI, can teachers prepare students to succeed in the society of their adult hood?
· Is ChatGPT making students dumber?
· How do educators respond to the potential of AI to hurt students?
· Can ChatGPT replace teachers?
· “ The [AI] machines are not like humans. They do not have emotional intelligence. They cannot build relationships with students… [Education] need[s] humans… We need human connection. [human connection] is an absolute necessity for teaching and learning.”
· What are the possibilities for transforming teaching if educators are in charge of AI?
· What is the nature of education?
· Can machines ever replicate the capabilities of great human teachers?
· Who will decide the future of education?
· Is AI able to transmit wisdom?
· Will people become dissatisfied with the system that depends on AI?
· Who holds the keys to control AI?
· What are the ethical questions concerning AI and education?
· What is our educational ikigai?
· How do we embrace the absurdity of our existence?
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase