Body positivity has gone mainstream. But what does it really mean to create a truly loving relationship with your body? How do we begin to root our worth and value in our true Self?
My guest today is Eden Dalton-Thompson who shares her journey to accept and love her body by unlearning diet culture and stepping into radical self love. If you are on a self-love journey, this one is for you! We deep dive into what it really takes to unlearn
what the world has taught us about our female bodies.
And I said to my body, softly, ‘I want to be your friend.’ It took a long breath, and replied ‘I have been waiting my whole life for this.'-Nayyirah Waheed
Heal your relationship with your bodyMost of us have felt the heaviness of thoughts that tell us something is wrong with our bodies. And it sucks to feel trapped in not feeling good enough.
There’s truly so much magic available within your cyclic womanly body but it’s impossible to feel the truth of that within your own body when you are stuck in a spiral of focusing more on how you look than how you feel.
Body positivity is now mainstream, but we need to go deeper. Self acceptance isn’t just a mindset, it’s a relationship. I love talking about the real inner work it takes to create a loving relationship with your body in a patriarchal world steep with body hate.
Eden Dalton-Thompson is a Yoga teacher that celebrates body through movement and passionately shares her journey to accept and love her body by unlearning diet culture, and stepping into radical self-love. In this episode we talk about:
- How Eden went from feeling there was something wrong with her to then ditch the diet culture and step into radical self-love.
- How trauma affects your ability to love yourself and eat intuitively.
- What it takes to create a healthy relationship with food, exercise, and body-image.
- The importance of questioning your beliefs + discover the truth that will set you free!
- How to uncover the root of your beliefs, so you can finally heal and transform what is keeping you trapped in body-jail.
- Rethinking female body hair.
- The number one shift you can make to fall in love with your body; it’s so simple, but SO powerful.
- The unconventional thing I’m doing to accept and reclaim the changes in my postpartum body.
If you’re on a journey to unapologetically fall in love with you, then you’re in the right place.
Resources & LinksEpisode page: https://www.indigomoonenemark.com/cycle-wise/008-unlearn-body-shame-free-yourself-with-self-love-with-eden-dalton-thompson/Connect with Eden on Instagram @edenliving_life
Work with Eden:
In her HYR Self program Eden guides you through healing your relationship with your body, health & Self. Book a free call here.
Work with Indigomoon:
If you want to create a deeply meaningful and empowering relationship with your body, check out my 1:1
mentoring program Self:LOVED.
Imagine finally feeling at home in who you are. Fueled by pleasure, and fully supported by your own ability to create reality out of visions, AND to weather the storms of life without losing connection with your inner truth. If that’s your YES, then Self:Loved is the mentoring program for you.