Ever feel like the clouds are closing in on you -
and you just can't seem to break through
to see the blue sky of your true potential -
and your power to choose happiness?
Julie Ann's ConsciousSHIFT guest and renowned Zen master
Joseph Emet - author of FINDING THE BLUE SKY: A Mindful Approach
to Choosing Happiness Here and Now - shares powerful
mindfulness techniques that allow us to choose
happiness in every moment.
Joseph says multiple mindfulness techniques can foster happiness -
even when life is far from perfect. These practices help us to:
• Retell our personal narrative
• Incorporate moments of pleasure into each day
• Identify and omit the destructive habits that we assume will bring us happiness
• Understand how emotional states impact the way we experience the world
• Determine real needs from wants, and learn how to express them
• Counteract the daily indoctrination of the media
• Practice mindful laziness
• Experience agelessness by being in the moment
Instead of focusing on the negative, positive psychology focuses
on what makes people happy - tracing the fascinating intersection
between the age-old wisdom of Buddhism and the latest scientific
Join Julie Ann and Joseph to discover how to replace negative thinking
with positive thinking, move from frenzied thinking to quiet contemplation,
and enjoy happiness as a daily - even moment-to-moment experience.
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase