What does it mean to be out of touch? Why do we expect our leaders to be in tune with everyday people and their concerns?
Image: Ewan Munro via Wikimedia.org
Things mentioned in this podcast:
- Influence of class on attitudes https://www.bsa.natcen.ac.uk/media/38459/bsa30_social_class_final.pdf
- Effect of poverty on decision-making http://www.lse.ac.uk/business-and-consultancy/consulting/assets/documents/how-poverty-affects-peoples-decision-making-processes.pdf
- Principle Skinner AmI Out Of Touch meme. https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/am-i-out-of-touch
- FONK https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fonk
- Nomophobia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomophobia
For more Cognitive Engineering episodes find us on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts, or add this RSS feed to your preferred player https://link.chtbl.com/SQeIgc44
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase