Quite aside from a pandemic, a brewing environmental catastrophe and a highly disruptive technological revolution, is the trend for protein shakes the real sign that we have moved into a dystopian nightmare?
We look at what constitutes a dystopia, how you can categorise different types of dystopia and why we conceive of them in the first place. We also attempt to measure how close we are to dystopia at the moment and explore whether we would be able to spot its arrival. Finally, we consider if there is such a thing as a good dystopia.
A few things we mentioned in this podcast:
- Are we living in a dystopia? https://theconversation.com/are-we-living-in-a-dystopia-136908
- Darren Allen’s ‘four kinds of dystopia’ https://expressiveegg.org/2017/01/03/four-kinds-dystopia/
- TV Tropes - dystopia https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Dystopia
- British Social Attitudes https://www.bsa.natcen.ac.uk/
- The Economist - Global democracy has another bad year https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/01/22/global-democracy-has-another-bad-year
Image: Wes Candela via Creative Commons
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase