Can you be forever young or wise beyond your years? Is age a justifiable way of categorising people?
Image: William Mulready RA via Wikipedia
Things mentioned in this podcast:
- Shakespeare’s ‘Seven Ages of Man’ https://www.thoughtco.com/shakespeares-seven-ages-of-man-2831433
- Peak age in different sports https://www.thestatszone.com/archive/olympic-sports-how-does-peak-age-vary-13812
- Cognitive changes with age https://www.canyonranch.com/blog/health/how-your-brain-changes-with-age/
- When people get married https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/marriagecohabitationandcivilpartnerships/bulletins/marriagesinenglandandwalesprovisional/2016
- When people have children https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/livebirths/bulletins/birthcharacteristicsinenglandandwales/2017
- Do we become more conservative as we age? https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/03/do-we-become-more-conservative-with-age-young-old-politics
- Average age of first-time buyers https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47070020
- WaPo on how happiness changes with age https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/08/24/under-50-you-still-havent-hit-rock-bottom-happiness-wise/
For more Cognitive Engineering episodes find us on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts, or add this RSS feed to your preferred player: feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:219479129/sounds.rss
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase