Are we more polarised than ever before?
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Recent Pew Research on polarisation: http://www.pewresearch.org/topics/political-polarization/2018/
- Jonathan Wheatley on voter clustering: http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/the-polarisation-of-party-supporters-since-2015/
- Poole and Rosenthal’s original paper proposing metrics for polarisation in the US legislature: http://k7moa.com/pdf/Upside_Down-A_Spatial_Model_for_Legislative_Roll_Call_Analysis_1983.pdf
- American Interest article proposing causes of polarisation: https://www.the-american-interest.com/2018/05/16/the-top-14-causes-of-political-polarization/
- Brookings Institute on polarisation: https://www.brookings.edu/research/thinking-about-political-polarization/
- YouGov survey of unrepresented views: https://yougov.co.uk/news/2018/08/01/where-most-fertile-ground-new-party/
Image: Marcelo Camargo/Agência Brasil
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase