Mike breaks down what it takes to build a proper iOS build server, and leaves the familiar shallows of Debian for the open waters of openSUSE.
Support Coder Radio
- rbenv: Groom your app’s Ruby environment — Use rbenv to pick a Ruby version for your application and guarantee that your development environment matches production. Put rbenv to work with Bundler for painless Ruby upgrades and bulletproof deployments.
- Serverless Feedback from TomEnom — One thing you left out of your definition of serverless (IMO) that I find important is that it scales to zero. So if your lambda/function is not being used it incurs zero cost. I guess you could say that that is where serverless becomes literal.
- Install openSUSE on Digital Ocean — Unfortunately, Digital does not at present have an option for an openSUSE image. That doesn’t mean that you can’t use openSUSE on Digital Ocean, but it is going to be a little more work than most common Linux distributions.
- Implications of Rewriting a Browser Component in Rust - Mozilla Hacks
- Rust use case study in npm [pdf] — The npm Registry uses Rust for its CPU-bound bottlenecks.