We examine the deeper problems in Open Source development the recent Hacktoberfest drama has exposed.
Plus some great feedback, failures to launch, and more.
Support Coder Radio
- Jonathan Meek on Twitter — Does this count as BBQ or no? Some chicken w/ a homemade BBQ sauce & others w/ a honey brown sugar thyme sauce. Figured I would ask since I am listening to Coder Radio while I sit in the cool air.
- Futhark - Ready to take the challenge? — Futhark is a small programming language designed to be compiled to efficient parallel code. It is a statically typed, data-parallel, and purely functional array language in the ML family, and comes with a heavily optimising ahead-of-time compiler that presently generates GPU code via CUDA and OpenCL
- Supporting Linux kernel development in Rust — Since then, Linus Torvalds and other core kernel maintainers have expressed openness in principle to supporting kernel development in Rust
- Tim Cook: Apple is now the No.1 watchmaker in the world — Tim Cook revealed the big news alongside the unveiling of the Apple Watch Series 3, which comes packing LTE as was expected.
- How One Guy Ruined #Hacktoberfest2020 #Drama — Hacktoberfest is an annual event that occurs every October. It is held by Digital Ocean and encourages developers to submit Pull Requests to Open Source repositories and as a reward you get a T-Shirt.
- Join the CoderQA Team — Our first Coderly report is out for our members!