4 steps to turn knowledge into action and get results.
Knowledge without action = failure
1. Developed Discipline
- Discipline is the commitment to do whatever it takes to get things done.
- It's the difference between being in control of your future and letting your environment dictate your destiny.
- It means freedom.
- Like anything else, it’s a skill you can develop, so stop making excuses.
2. Take Imperfect Action
- You can’t develop any new skills if you don’t practice and implement what you learn.
- Stop putting shit off because you think conditions are not right. The right moment is now!
- You're not afraid of failing, you’re afraid of being judged. Stop listening to other people’s opinions.
- Life is not about perfection, it’s about progression.
- Newsflash: There’s no shortcut to get to the top, it takes handwork, day in, and day out, over a long period of time.
- Success takes time. Consistency helps you create the skills you need to be successful.
- To be consistent means you have to replicate a positive behavior day after day until it defines you and becomes a habit.
- It requires patience.
- Best way to be consistent? Stop focusing on the big goal! Take your goals and break them into practical, small daily actions, and stick to it until it becomes a new habit.
- You have to be responsible for your actions. God or bad, stop blaming others and own your shit.
- When you hold yourself accountable, you don’t allow yourself to look for the opportunities to make excuses, you find a way to make it happen because you know it needs to happen.
2 types of accountability
-Accountability from others
- Take inventory of the people around you. If you are hanging with losers you’ll become a loser. If you are hanging with winners, you’ll become a winner.
“Birds of a feather, flock together”
- Surround yourself with the right people.
- Find a group (network, mentorship program, etc.) that can help you grow and hold each other accountable.
- Be humble.