We'd love to hear from you with your ideas, suggestions for topics/guests, shoutouts to colleagues or mentors, questions for Dr. Henry or Dr. Yurkiewizc. To get in touch, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter @MDedgeHemOnc.
And Ilana Yurkiewicz, MD, begins part 1 of her look at informed consent.
Scroll down for show notes and references
By Hitomi Hosoya, MD, PhD
Resident in the department of internal medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System
- One in five cancer patients develop venous thromboembolism (VTE).
- The Khorana scoring system was developed and validated to stratify the VTE risk in cancer patients. The score is determined by the type of cancer, complete blood counts, and BMI.
- The CASSINI trial was aimed at determining the efficacy of oral factor Xa inhibitor for thromboprophylaxis in ambulatory patients with cancer who had a Khorana score of 2 or greater and were initiating chemotherapy.
- In total, 4.5% of the potential cohort had deep vein thrombosis (DVT) at screening ultrasound and were excluded from the study.
- The trial showed that rivaroxaban led to a substantially lower incidence of VTE, compared with the placebo group during the intervention period.
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase