Anatad Podcast Episode #43: VPN's, OnePlus, and lots of Fun by Nimer Jaber, Warren Carr, and Marco Curralejo
- The recent Twitter hack was in the spotlight, so we talked about that. You can learn more by visiting this link.
- We discussed at length the upcoming OnePlus phone simply dubbed the OnePlus Nord.
- Nimer talked about some news from T-Mobile, the "Uncarrier" and the latest uncarrier move. T-Mobile is allowing users to protect themselves from scam calls. You can read more here.
- And Marco mentioned in passing, the upcoming Samsung unpack event scheduled for August 5, 2020 at 7:00 AM Pacific time, where Samsung will announce new hardware. You can read more at the verge.
We moved on to the primary topic of the episode-- VPN's. We discussed the benefits of VPN apps, and Marco demonstrated his favorite, the Astrill VPN found at this Google Play link.
Next, we discussed and demonstrated the Voicedream Reader, a great app for both low vision and blind users alike, as a result of a request from Debbie from Melbourne Australia.
We answered another question from David Mehler, from last week's podcast. He asked about which signal check apps we recommend. We recommend both SignalCheck Pro, and NetMonster.
We closed the session by singing happy birthday to Android. Android is now 15 years old as of July 11.
Get In Touch
- For questions or suggestions about the podcast, or if you would like to record a demo of an app, please feel free to send us those via email to:
- Should you want to be a member of the ANATAD mailing list, where we discuss Android, Google, and lots of other topics, then send a "Join Request" to:
Please share this podcast, and subscribe using your favorite podcatcher. You can get links to the podcast for your favorite podcatcher by visiting anatadpodcast.com
Thank you for listening, and we look forward to coming back to you soon.
Support the show (https://www.pod.fan/blind-tech-guys)
★ Support this podcast ★