Alicia Souza is a designer, illustrator and entrepreneur. She did her communication design from Melbourne and then worked briefly with Chumbak. She now has her own online store called aliciasouza.com where she sells her design through stationary, home accessories, apparel and more. Today we are here to discuss some bits of her journey but more importantly cartoons and illustrations.
1. What is the significance of cartoon as an art form in the world of arts?
2. You have a distinct style of annotations, what made you explore this style predominantly? What is your source of inspiration?
3. In one of your interviews, you mentioned “agencies choosing photography over illustrations”. Do you think photos are more powerful than illustrations?
4. Is there something called as creator’s block, similar to writer’s block while working on non-commissioned work?
5. Being also an entrepreneur how do you see an artist’s future who wants to specialise in illustration, especially comics?
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase