Today I have Ashwini Deshpande with us on Audiogyan. Co-founder and director of Elephant Design studio in Pune and Singapore. She is a 1989 graduate of NID, Ahmedabad. She is a designer, mentor, jury and active founding member of ADI. You can find more about her and her huge body of work and lots of interviews that are documented online. And today we are going to know more about her design philosophy.
Topic New and Old school design with Ashwini Deshpande
- Can you start by telling us, on what parameters your definition of design has been changing? A brief walkthrough of how you’ve been discovering design
- Can you tell us few milestones in the Indian Design landscape which disrupted things in the last 3 decades?
- You speak at various events and conferences, what has been your observations if you look at PDF versus say DesignUp? New media design versus classic traditional design. What are a few pros an cons of either side?
- Which domain according to you needs maximum design help?
- Few things about Elephant
- What were the early challenges for Elephant design in the 1990s?
- Can you tell a few key social impact projects which Elephant has done?
- Elephant turned 30. How does it feel? What is the future of Elephant Design?