Today I have Mira Malhotra with us on Audiogyan. She is an artist associated with Kultureshop.
Mira is a Mumbai-based visual artist and graphic designer and Founder of Studio Kohl. Her personal work is essentially Indian, witty and contemporary, characterised by her visceral use of line. A post-graduate from the National Institute of Design and a B.F.A. in Applied Arts, Mira’s rare approach to design is rooted in logic and common sense but enriched by her distinct aesthetic and creative flair. Her work has been featured by Kyoorius, RedBull Premieres and Vh1 and has represented India in the Triennale Museum, Milan and SouthBank Centre, London.
1. Can you give a quick snapshot of how you became a designer / artist and what is Studio Kohl?
2. What are the characteristics of illustrations which make each artist’s work unique?
3. Your style of work is “rooted in logic and common sense” - How do you define your work exactly?
4. In one of your interview with My Creative wall you mentioned “Design/Art is vague and cannot be learnt from a textbook” - what does that mean?
5. How can one break boundaries of art and still be relevant?
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase