Episode 3 of 5 featuring Sanghamitra Chatterjee. Sanghamitra is the co-founder of Past Perfect Heritage Management, which is an archiving and research agency based out of Mumbai and specialises in institutional and family archiving.
This is a 5 part series with Bharat Flooring and tiles and Audiogyan. In the coming weeks we will be talking with various artists, heritage conservationist, brand creators, illustrators and architects associated with Bharat Flooring & Tiles.
Those who don’t know what is Bharat Flooring & Tiles, (btw, we will be calling it BFT throughout the series). It’s a company formed in 1922 which is leader in quality cement flooring and has been primarily making customised, handmade cement tiles. The timeless elegance and durability of these tiles make them works of art and an invaluable part of the country’s architectural heritage. It started as part of the Swadeshi movement and with over 90 years of reputation, BFT is now the most preferred choice of interior designers and architects across India, You can find relevant links in the show notes about BFT.
- SC: What is archiving? Why is it important? How does it help corporate and families? Does archiving help us to reflect back?
- SC: What are the different types of archiving? Especially where the world is moving more towards Cloud.
- FV: What made you think that BFT’s work need to be archived?
- SC: Can you share, what was the process like, what were the challenges and how did you manage to document and archive BFT’s heritage? What all got archived?
- FV: How far and deep you had to dig to document?
- SC: What have been your top 3 learnings in your overall journey of archiving BFT or other clients.
- SC: Can you share any interesting anecdote while digging archives?
- SC: Is there selective bias while archiving? If yes how do you deal with it?
- FV: Can you share your perspective now after you have documented and hopefully reflected back and re-lived some great work done by BFT. From Pivoting to manufacturing riding wheels during the Second World war till date…?
- SC: What next with respect to BFT and your over all archiving journey?