Today I have Naresh Narsimhan with us on Audiogyan. He is an Architect, Urbanist, Activist and Creative and is well known for his long-term association with Venkataramanan Associates. As a co-founder of MOD Institute, an international collective of urban designers, researchers and curators, Naresh has also been responsible in making cities like Bangalore and the urban processes that drive them: visible and participatory. As part of the erstwhile Bangalore Agenda Task Force; a founder and trustee of Imagine Bangalore, and regular advisor to government bodies, Naresh has fuelled many progressive causes for the city. Today we are here to discuss “Design of Bangalore”
1. Can we set the ball rolling with you telling us what is a “design of Bangalore” from a geography stand point? It’s circular nature as oppose to Mumbai linear nature, It’s cow shaped geography details from a governance stand point, etc…
2. Can you share some insights into it’s infrastructural development w.r.t growing migrant and transit population?
3. Originally being a relaxed lifestyle with good weather, what has changed in the recent 2 decades? Why? What is or has been the psychological impact on core Bangaloreans?
4. (Personal curiosity) What could be wrong with Bangalore road design that people always complain about traffic jams and water logging after a minimal rainfall?
5. Where is Bangalore heading? What can citizens beware of and take precautionary measures to get rolled in the snowball effect of Traffic, changing weather, bad road conditions and more?
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase