Today I have Meetu Akali with us on Audiogyan. She is the founder of Studio Momo, an environmentally conscious Architecture & Interior design firm, specialising in luxury villas and the restoration of Indo-Portuguese homes of Goa. Studio Momo is based in Goa. Meetu is an architects who lived and studied in Oxford before moving to Goa.
- Can you tell a bit about your experience at Oxford and how did your education helped in navigating you profession?
- What are the unique characteristics of Goan architecture and interior? Which all things have shaped it’s look, form and feel apart from Indo-Portuguese influence? What was the character to it’s architectural landscape before the colonial period?
- Studio Momo is inspired by Wabi Sabi Philosophy. Is it because Goa is a sea destination where time wears out things quickly? Was Wabi Sabi a conscious effort because you like it or was it a discovery as the destination demands it?
- You have few eco-products. Can you tell us more about it? Why these products and how do you use it in your sites? Your thoughts on going eco friendly especially in Goa.
- Can you share any particular case study and your learnings from any of your site. For eg: Villa Chorao. A simple but powerful learning which has changed your perspective towards interior design or architecture
- Studio Momo does both architecture and interior design (I understand, not necessarily for all the sites all the time). But if I can put is crudely as Apple - where you do both hardware and software. Apple certainly has advantage. What are your advantage areas of doing both?