Welcome to the Alpha Coding Podcast series with your host, Toni Elhoms, CCS, CPC, CPMA, CRC, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Episode 72 will cover Medical Coding Pro-Tips for Navigating Obstetrics Coding and Reporting
1. Know the stages of maternity care
2. Know the trimesters of pregnancy
3. Understand the maternity OB package CPT codes
4. Know which services are bundled into global maternity care
5. Know which services are not included in global maternity care package
6. Understand the ICD-10-CM coding guidelines and rules for OB care
7. The coding rules change for twin and pregnancies involving multiples
8. Only report for the OB services rendered to the patient
9. OB documentation is different than any other specialty
10. Get plugged into the right OB resources
Join us every Monday for your all-access pass to medical coding and billing Pro-Tips that help you start your week off smarter!
If you would like to become a sponsor of Alpha Coding Podcast, please contact us directly for pricing: AlphaCodingExperts@gmail.com
Are you the creator of this podcast?
and pick the featured episodes for your show.
Connect with listeners
Podcasters use the RadioPublic listener relationship platform to build lasting connections with fansYes, let's begin connecting
Find new listeners
Understand your audience
Engage your fanbase