Fyre in the hole! (10:30)
- The Fyre music festival documentary on Netflix was mind. blowing. And there were marketing lessons to be learned.
- This dumpster fire demonstrated a perfect "A" with regards to marketing, and a perfect "F" with regards to execution.
- We were shocked to our core by the sheer incompetence of the organizers, and cried tears of joy watching "Influencers" and selfie culture catch some serious heat.
Yelp can take a punch (30:00)
- A lawyer tried to sue Yelp to get a client's negative review removed. The court told them to take a walk.
- But where is the line between writing or saying something that is completely accurate, and publishing content with malicious intent?
- We touch on bad reviews; how brands can respond with in one of three ways - refuting the review publicly, ignoring it, or admitting guilt and apologizing.
Facebook thinks we are all idiots (41:00)
- FB is integrating WhatsApp, Messenger, and Instagram... and they are trying to tell us that these apps are not going to share data. RIGHT. How stupid do you think we are?
- FaceBook has two things going against them: 1. It's no longer cool, and they are bleeding users, and 2. Nobody trusts them.
- What will the future look like without FaceBook?